Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My High School Debate

Before you read this, you should probably know that it has been exactly two days since my first high school interview. Don't worry; I'm perfectly qualified to be writing an informative article on this topic! I would like to point out that this is my decision, which makes me a primary source.

Anyway, I've visited George School and Lawrenceville. I'm going to compare these two fine academies. I haven't made my decision yet, but I do know the criteria that I will be making my decision from. My sister goes to George School, and I've always pictured myself there. I expect that I will be accepted into George School. I can't be sure if I'm going to get into Lawrenceville yet, being that it is a very difficult high school to get into. I really like both schools; nice campuses, great academic programs, small classes, and decently sized student bodies, among other things. I've been seeing George School my entire life. The first time I've ever been to Lawrenceville was yesterday. I was immediately struck by how supreme Lawrenceville appears to be. It looks like a great place to go to high school; but I'm really not sure if I'd like it there until I visited and actually got a feel for the place.

The main problem with Lawrenceville is that it is extremely inconvenient for me to be a day student there. A 45-minute drive to and from my house wouldn't be easy for my large family. I would have to seriously discipline myself, and my family also wouldn't be able to come to most of my sporting events.

Even though I'm wrapping up my piece, I can't say that I'm done writing it. I plan to come back and edit this when my decision is made. Either way, I know that when I finish this piece, I will have finished it knowing that I'm moving out of my current, lovely school, into a big, chaotic high school; I can't wait for the challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment